Overview of the app/game
Movie Star Planet is a free social interactive fantasy website created for children aged between 8 and 15 years old. Children get to choose from a variety of movie star characters, dress them up, choose their hairstyles, make movies, play games and chat.
The point of the game is to earn fame and fortune by social interacting, making movies and watching other people’s movies. In doing so you can earn Fame Points and Star Coins which can be used to buy more costumes, backdrops for your movies, animations, home decor, etc. Players can also exchange gifts, collect autographs and trade items.
The more competitions you enter, games you play, friends you have and interactions you make, the more rewards you are given and as you progress you can go higher up the levels which allows you to have more character animations and other additions.
What I found out:
- Users are encouraged within the game to share email addresses of friends to receive rewards.
- The more friends you have the more rewards you get! Encourages you to befriend strangers.
- Lots of reports that chat is often very explicit and suggestive with lots of bad language being used by older users. The app does replace swear words with symbols but users are getting round it by using text speak.
- Male users using suggestive user names.
- Chat rooms full off users asking others for dates. Within the game your friend status can be changed to boyfriend or girlfriend.
- If you report other users you are encouraged to add your email address in return for coins you can use in game
- Games that children play are full of adverts lots of these are inappropriate for the age group.
- YouTube is fully integrated within the app and lots of reports that users are linking inappropriate and suggestive videos to share.
- It also appears to be well known for users hacking each other’s accounts to steal rewards and coins.
We hope you find this useful, should you have any questions or queries, or like to share anything across the network please let me know we thank you for your continued support.